Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blog Faster! Slay the TIme Hog!

Eats Time
What are Time Hogs?

Time Hogs are everywhere. They can be distractions on social media, family responsibilities, and many other things.

The biggest time hog of all is not being ready to start writing when it's time to start.

Don't feed the time hogs!


Creativity first


Creativity Notebook
I take long walks every day. Walking impregnates creativity and births ideas. While walking, I frequently stop to record ideas.

Keep a creativity notebook.

My philosophy is to not sit at the computer until there are enough ideas to write about. There should be more than I need, and the problem is usually deciding which ideas to omit. 


Create an outline

Select at least three main points from the notes and create a simple outline. 

Use an outline every time you write.




How fast do you work?

I start a timer when I'm actively working and stop the timer when I'm not. Working means typing, not extended thinking. 

The thinking should have happened before starting to type.

Creativity breaks are important

I take a seven minute break away from the computer after every 20 minutes typing.

Take a break and then proofread

Proofread again after pubishing. (Error illustrates point.)










If you want to supercharge your writing, read my book, "Time for Writing Success." It's only $2.99 and free if you have Kindle Unlimited.

Please comment: Consider committing to one of these ideas or share one of your own.






1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the useful tips. I keep a creative journal to add ideas, I find it very helpful for my writing process.

    ReplyDelete