Monday, October 6, 2014

Simple Trick to Write in the Flow Revealed

People Recognize Authors Writing in the Flow as Experts


Amazon Review:

"In short, this book reads like it is a stream of conscious notebook by an expert on the matter. (This is not a bad thing given the author's expertise.)"  Strutter '79 "Kawl"

Do you want to learn to write in the flow and be recognized as an expert?



Take the "Write in the Flow Challenge"
This 5 day challenge asks you to write something short about seven highlights a day for five days. This teaches your subconscious to write in the flow. The  instructions sound hard so here is an example:

I copied my highlights from https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights.

Then I took the day's challenge by writing my thoughts under the highlights. I didn't think and I didn't edit. The point was to open the flow so I could write easily.

The Lost Art of House Cleaning: A Clean House is a Happy Home

"but I love my house when it's clean and shiny and smells clean. When my home is clean I feel good."

Yes, I do love my house when it's clean. But it takes work, doesn't it? Maybe if I divided cleaning the house into small tasks, I could at least clean in cycles.

I know, I'll make a list and rotate through the list!

It's not the cleaning that's exciting it is the satisfaction for having done the job, sometimes a hard job, well.

Let's see, when did I last get this satisfaction? When I completed the first 14 days of my 28 day walking challenge. I'm anticipating completing the 30 day blog challenge soon.

"On the average, it should take about 4 hours to do each room in your house. No, you didn't read a typo -- about 4 hours is what it's going to take; some rooms take a little more some a little less."

Four hours? Who has four hours to clean one room? I have many rooms in my house. Maybe I can spend an hour a room and see what happens. I'll make a drawing of the house and cross each room off after I clean it.

Here is a better idea! I'll write a book as I clean. I'll write down every detail of cleaning every room. Napoleon Hill said we don't truly learn anything until we share it with others.


This simple exercise encouraged me to write a book. I took the idea of cleaning together with information from "The New Housekeeping: Efficiency Studies in Home Management" by Christine Frederick" and created a book from them. (Note: The New Housekeeping is only sold in the US.)

I used organic cleaners and created checklists for each room. If you want the secret of a clean oven with no chemical fumes, grab a copy of the book.

Do you want to learn more?
I was watched a YouTube video by a Korean woman teaching English. The topic was, "Who, What, Where, When, How and Why." The order is important. Don't follow it, and you have "I for two years owned a car." 

I took the idea from the video and expanded it into a book.

 By Kevin & Sarah Arrow
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
There are a lot of books that proclaim that they will help you become a better writer. They assume you know how to write in the first place. Gary Thaller assumes nothing. My wife got a copy of this book two days ago and has not put it down since and of course I had to see what the fuss was about. It's a book worth making a fuss about, worth taking the time to complete the basic exercises simply so you know how to write. The author then shows you how to expand your sentences in a way that will benefit the reader. Very enjoyable, and highly recommended.








No comments:

Post a Comment